Executive Director & CEO
The Greater New Bedford Workforce Investment Board, Inc. (WIB) is seeking an Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer to lead a dynamic, high performing and efficient integrated workforce development system.
Candidates should have a professional record that includes entrepreneurial experience, the ability to develop strategic plans, execute programs effectively, and the ability develop and maintain financial integrity and sustainability in the face of decreasing governmental funding, and the ability to build strong collaborative relations with other organizations and individuals. Knowledge of and experience with both local, state, and federal political and regulatory landscape is desirable. A Bachelor’s degree in public or business administration (Master’s degree preferred), plus 10 or more years in public or private sector, or workforce leadership is required.
The Executive Director and CEO is responsible for promoting economic development and community growth and carrying out the vision and goals of the WIB as approved by the Board of Directors and will represent and lead the WIB in its mission to build a quality workforce in the region.
S/he will be accountable for all programs and services and will be the chief liaison with partners, public and private funders, nonprofit organizations, and civic, business, and community leaders. The Executive Director and CEO will manage and work with a staff team of six full time employees and will have direct responsibility for the achievement of goals established by the Board.
- Assure that the organization follows a long-term strategy that will achieve its mission and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Provide leadership in developing strategic, programmatic, organizational and financial plans with the Board and staff, and carrying out plans and policies authorized by the board.
- Lead the implementation of the WIB Strategic Plan.
- Lead the execution of the major federal and state funded programs under the organization’s jurisdiction.
- Lead the execution of other projects/programs authorized by the board of directors.
- Establish sound working relationships with key stakeholders including members of government agencies, the community, local businesses, and local elected officials, e.g. Mayor and legislators.
- Represent the mission, vision, goals and policies of the WIB with agencies, businesses, media and the general public.
- Support the operation and administration of the board.
- Be a dynamic and engaging team builder and empowering manager.
- Be an inclusive motivational leader to nurture staff growth, and promote high performance and accountability.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices to manage annual budget of $5 million – $7 million.
- Work with staff, the board and its Executive Committee in preparing budgets at appropriate intervals.
- Oversee compliance with federal, state and local policies and regulations.
Desired Skills, Experience and Characteristics:
- Passion for workforce development and ability to collaborate with key stakeholders to achieve results
- Entrepreneurial spirit and record of achievement and accountability
- Unquestioned integrity/ethics
- Direct experience in sound financial management, especially related to federal and state contracting
- Proven track record of securing private and public funding
- Demonstrated success in developing and working with a nonprofit governing board
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation
- Successful leadership & supervisory experience
- Ability to work cooperatively with diverse community groups
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- 10 or more years of experience in a senior leadership role in a field related to workforce development, education, business and community development
Salary Range: $76,024. – $97,282 (plus benefits)
To Electronically Apply, submit Cover Letter, Resume/Vitae, Capabilities Statement, and Three References (via email) to Personnel@GNBWIB.org.
Applications accepted through April 7, 2014
GNBWIB, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer