The Greater New Bedford Workforce Investment Board, Inc. is pleased to announce applications for a second training class is now open.
Residents from the Greater New Bedford area ages 24 and over are invited to enroll in this free manufacturing training program.
Participants who are also eligible may qualify for assistance with childcare and clothing for interviews after the training program.
90‐HOURS OF TRAINING
- The training will start in Spring and will be held at the Quest Center 1213 Purchase Street, New Bedford, MA
- Learn Shop Math, Blueprint Reading, Metrology and Quality Inspection, Safety, CNC, Milling and Turning and Basic Programming, Introduction to Lean, Problem Solving and Effective Communications Skills
- Participants will be eligible to sit for Level 1 and 2 Credential testing.
- Students that pass Level 2 test will receive a pre‐apprentice certificate from the MA Division of Apprentice Standards
SOME REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Completing a skills assessment
- Showing evidence of employability
For more information and to register visit the Career Center today!
618 Acushnet Ave., New Bedford
- Call (508) 990‐4000 or (508) 990‐4157 to speak with Elizete Perry EPerry@newbedfordcc.org
- Registration must take place at the Career Center
- “Career Councilors work to prepare you for employment before and after training”
Funded by the Baker‐Polito Administration