WEB New Bedford is a free eight month business accelerator program for City of New Bedford residents and business owners or entrepreneurs. The program is a multi-partner pilot effort to provide comprehensive services to help start or grow their business in New Bedford.
WEB New Bedford (the WomEntrepreneurship and Business New Bedford) aligns with the New Bedford 2020 Master Plan as a comprehensive strategy for economic development through business assistance and access to seed funds.
WEB New Bedford will recruit 12 participants with a focus on women and minorities living in New Bedford who are interested in starting or have started a business and need assistance growing.
Activities include Bristol Community College entrepreneurship courses and support from twelve partners including the Greater New Bedford Workforce Investment Board, Massachusetts Small Business Development Center, New Bedford Economic Development Council, Immigrant’s Assistance Center, PACE YouthBuild, United Way of Greater New Bedford, GNB Career Center, EForAll, BCC, CEDC, Groundwork!, and South Coast Chamber of Commerce.
An Entrepreneurship Guide: A listing of entrepreneurship and small business of resources from WEB New Bedford for New Bedford for future individuals seeking services will also be generated through WEB New Bedford.
For more information, please contact email@example.com or 508.979.1504 x111.
March 16, 2018 Applications Available
March 20, 2018 Info Session #1
March 27, 2018 Info Session #2
April 13, 2018 Applications Due
April 27, 2018 Participants Notified
May 2, 2018 Kickoff at Women's Forum
May 15, 2018 - December 11, 2018 Program Seminars Tuesdays from 5 to 9 p.m. (no seminars 7/3, 8/28, 11/20)
Dates are subject to change
enrollment & recruiting
WEB New Bedford is open to all entrepreneurs and/or small business owners in New Bedford with a focus on recruiting women and minorities.
Applications closed April 13, 2018 and participants will be notified within 3 weeks of the closing date.
Participants who successfully complete the eligibility and program requirements may be eligible to receive up to $1,000 in seed funding for their business.
Applications are now closed.
Info sessions were held March 20 and 27.
Program Participants will (subject to change)
- Attend the Kick Off at the South Coast Chamber of Commerce Women’s Forum in May
- Take Bristol Community College small business and entrepreneurship courses in summer and fall 2018.
- Receive business assistance or workshops and support from MSBDC, EDC, IAC, CEDC, and other partners through weekly seminars
- Receive support from partners such as BCC Dress for Success, Groundwork! and the Career Center
- Have access to office space through Groundwork!
- Complete a comprehensive business plan
- End of project presentation and seed funding of up to $1,000 per participant at successful completion of project criteria